Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

G.....is for Gamble

"You don't know how good a road is till the rains come" -African Proverb

Its not really an African proverb, its my proverb actually.

I came up with it on the way to work yesterday. A few weeks into the rainy season, and the seemingly well-tarred roads are now filled with potholes, so messy and unrecognizable...

Life.. is gambling...

Nothing is guaranteed, and sometimes you play for really high stakes, as high as your life even.

" The best-laid plans of mice and men..."

The wealth you acquired over twenty-five years, could be lost in five months. You could get to work one morning, and find someone else sitting at your desk. That person you thought was 'the bomb', may then decide to show you how truly destructive they can be..

You think you have so many people in your life...until you're lying awake through the night,with so many things to say that you just want to know someone is there to listen to your silence...then you realize there's no one there for you but your blog....

Mama said gambling is bad, so I don't wanna play..

I don't wanna play even though I know Jesus holds the dice, so the odds are on my side. If he's for me, ultimately I'll never really lose would I? That curve-ball life just threw at me is really my boomerang

I don't wanna play...

Just wanna curl up and .... sleep. Not let anyone in, or live life... just...sleep....escape

I feel like there's a noose round my neck...

1 comment:

  1. Life gets like that sometimes; the noose around the neck. Hold on tight, just hold on for dear life

    ReplyDelete