Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Keeping up appearances

Nowadays its getting increasingly difficult for me to be out in public

People probably think I'm a snob or something. Understandably so, after the first two or three times I've told them 'Oh, I dint see you there'

But the truth is, I really did not see them. I could make out their silhouettes but not their faces, so its until they shouted out my name that I could acknowledge their presence

Its now down to recognising people from their voices, or the bright green top I saw them wearing earlier in the day

I should get glasses, or contacts....I should fix it, I know, but even if I could afford it, I'm still hesitant

Like maybe it would make me look less attractive, or like an old, stern schoolteacher.....or not even correct the eyesight, so I'd just have to keep upgrading my specification for a long time to come

And I also don't like been burdened with a routine, like having to stick my fingers in my eyes twice daily, or not being able to go anywhere without my glasses

In any case, its really embarrassing and needs to be fixed

So I'm stalling, waiting to get the money, but more importantly, waiting for a miracle that gives me 20-20 vision, so I don't even have to bother about any glasses or whatever

So it is in real life....when we let our pride or ego or vanity get in the way of what is really important...

What will people say.... or think? As if these 'people' aren't insignificant pawns in the grand scheme of things

We don't talk about God in public, don't talk about him at all, cos its not 'PC'....as if these people whose sensitivities we are considering , as if they rule our lives, as if God is not the most important part of our lives? Like we would even exist without him?

We don't bother about our soul, but focus on clothing, on our bodies, instead of fixing our foibles and sins

We know there are things....or people....or habits we should do away with, but we don't wanna offend people, or 'how will it look?'....or maybe it would affect our reputations

So do we 'fix' it.... or keep maintaining status quo until we cause ourselves irreparable, irreversible damage?

*P.C: politically correct
------------------

1 comment:

  1. I find myself being PC when it comes to talking about JC(Jesus Christ) and then sometimes not. Working at not being politically correct about my first love, Jesus Christ

    ReplyDelete