Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

B.....is For...Birthday

I love birthdays. That one special day set aside just for me. A day I am compelled to be happy, dress up, etc

For me its not just the gifts, its the whole process, the surprise, the cake, dinner,the party for a few close friends, whatever trips, but it just has 2 be a fantastic day.

Its a day set aside to celebrate your existence. For me I always try to show my loved ones how much I care on that day. Even if I have to stay on d phone with them all day cos we r far apart.

Its a day to thank God most especially for the blessing of another year added, albeit undeservedly.

But...I digress.

This post is for my friend. Its her birthday in a few minutes. I'm happy and grateful to God on her behalf.

Its funny that we were in the same set in Uni for 4 years and we never even met. Finally met you after graduation in 2007 through our mutual friend, and its been one hell of a ride since then. I thank God for our mutual friend cos she led me to you.

You are sweet, kind, and have a generous spirit. Being with you is so easy.

Being with you is the beach, and award ceremonies,and the cinemas,and clubbing,and weddings, and church, and staying indoors all day.

Its being broke and having excess money, its discovering new boutiques and going to the extreme end of town on a Sunday just because there's a clothes sale.

Its following a celeb on twitter on your behalf,and finally connecting with him so I'd hook y'all up.

Its being there for each other through heartbreaks and ridiculous crushes and oh-so-seemingly-perfect love.

Its you telling me to shut up and stop crying cos u believe I deliberately chose to be sad. Thanks for the tough love, my caustic and acerbic friend.

Its your calling me the most inquisitive person in the world and your blatantly ignoring me when I ask too many questions.

Yeah, we have our fights but its always worth it in the end.

Thank you for the suya, and blue bunny ice cream, and food from Ikoyi Club...

Look forward to many more years with you my darling, with your future kids running 2 spend time at mine after you've finished them with your wicked witch and alatenumo ways...

I genuinely care for you from the bottom of my heart.

Love u baby, xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Creativity is an understatement here. I wish that were me you were talking about

    ReplyDelete